Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
I finished Claptois! I'm really pleased with it, and glad I finally finished it. It's been over a year since I dyed the yarn and started knitting it (it has oddly lasted as long my relationship that just ended.) (Yes, I do have too much time to think! It's only been a week.)
Yarn: Hmmm, merino? I can't find the tag. Hand-dyed in a dyeing class last spring.
Changes: I followed the pattern for the most part, except for cutting out a straight repeat. So it's 12 rows shorter than it would be otherwise. Still long enough
For the future: I don't know if I'd make this again. I love how it looks, but it felt like it took forever. Patience is not one of my virtues!
And just for my amusement:
My 10 Names Meme
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: ( pet and current street name) Marie Magnolia
2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: (grandfather/grandmother on your moms side, your favorite candy) Helga Rolo (that's my favorite candy today - had it been yesterday it might have been SourPatch Kid, KinderEi, who knows)
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of last name, first three letters of your middle name) L. Joa
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Blue Dolphin
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Joanna Bartlesville
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 2 letters of mom’s maiden name and first 3 letters of the town you grew up in.)
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The”, your favorite color, favorite drink) The Blue Saketini
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first name of both your grandfathers) Robert Gerhard
9. FUTURISTIC NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne and the name of your favorite shoes) Annie Oakely Sanku (I don't really have a favorite shoe...)
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother/father’s middle name ) Johanna Edward
Posted by K8 at 9/19/2006 08:22:00 AM
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Regia Canadian Fashion colors, from Petra. Thank goodness all forms look alike, the owner speaks English, and they accept Paypal. Such beautiful colors!
Stash enhancement from the Bay Area (see Teresa's blog for more details about the stores we visited) I loved Commuknitty (source of some of the Rowan tweed above) and Stash (source of much temptation).
The small bit of angora I got from Skein Lane's closing sale. I hadn't been there in years - Skein Lane was the first 'real' yarn store I visited, where I stood shaking as I handed over my credit card for my first yarn purchase :)
Sock yarn from sweetgeorgia yarns. I'm in love with their colorways - I can't wait to start working with these yarns!
Finally, more sale yarn from A Mano. After this, I'm going on a yarn diet. My personal yarn store is overflowing!
I finally did some reorganization of my blog - taking down all the other blog links and replacing them with patterns, tips, techniques, and stores. I may replace them, but I find there are so many on my NewsGator page, it would be almost unmangageable!
Posted by K8 at 9/02/2006 04:30:00 PM