CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 21, 2007

A contest!

It's been awhile since I've had a contest, so I figure it's about time. To enter, leave a comment on one of the following (or both if you feel like it!):

  • I feel like I want to revamp my etsy shop a little - change the name, the banner, figure out a better way to advertise. Throw in a suggestion!
  • I've been thinking alot about holiday traditions lately. Are you a fan of tradition, or do you like to change every year? What's your favorite thing about the holidays?
Three winners will be chosen randomly, for either a pair of stitch markers from my shop (your choice) or 2 skeins Misti Lace:


I absolutely love the feel of this yarn - it's as soft as Malabrigo, though not as squishy.

So that's the contest - you've got until noon PST on the 27th to enter! Winners will be announced on the 28th, and prizes, once the winners decide will be mailed out in the new year. Oh, and you get an extra entry if you post on your blog and for each person saying they heard about it from you. If Blogger doesn't have your email, be sure to let me know how to contact your, or email me separately after you comment.

ETA: I'm going to be in and out of town until the 5th, so I'm extending the deadline until Jan 6th. Oh, and I'm adding a mystery prize :)

PS - the sale at my store is still going on for the rest of the month - buy one set and each additional set of stitch markers purchased is 50% off!

Happy Thursday all!

7 comments:

betty R.~Simply Southern said...

Merry Christmas!
Thank you for the giveaway..
i love traditions,things you can pass on and enjoy from one generation to the other!
i guess my fav thing on the holidays is making handmade items from the kids to put on the tree,giveaway,or eat! love it....
But the smiles and laughter of my grandkids are my all time favorite.

Anonymous said...

I think you should buy an ad on Ravelry! I bet you that's the best way to drive traffic to your site. Also, it seems like there are so many stitch marker shops--what distinguishes yours? Perhaps you could come up with a tagline or more distinctive way to position yourself in the market.

Unknown said...

Hey there! I just popped over to your blog from your ravelry profile (and I just PM'ed you on ravelry about some yarn you have for sale/trade in your destashing page). Anyway - I also checked out your etsy page, and I think you could make the banner easier to read. The whole banner could be the name of your store in big colorful text. That's the sort of thing I like, anyway!

And on holiday traditions... I like them, but it's been hard to keep them up since I moved away from most of my family. Our current tradition is to go eat Chinese food on Christmas day - otherwise Christmas dinner will probably be just the two of us at home (and it's nice to get out of the house!).

Jen said...

Hi :)
I too think that you should re-do your banner. You can always have someone design it for you and keep the name or change it. One idea I thought of was to send your markers to someone for free such as knitandtonic wendy, or another blogger that you read (that is popular in the good old knitting world). Usually the blogger will throw you some props, which drives traffic to your site :) Holiday traditions for us have usually involved baking and Cippino for dinner :)

Dorothy said...

Being a sponsor on Ravelry would bring traffic to your store. Changing your banner to a brighter or warmer look will also help keep visitor's interest.

Commenting on other blogs helps increase your readership which in turn can help increase traffic to your shop.

You have beautiful stitch markers.

Suzie said...

As far as an etsy shop, this guy here
http://squidfingers.com/patterns/
has some amazing background banner patterns for free! I have no idea how to use them, but they are fantastic! And could you send a few to knitty.com for review?

I haven't actually gotten around to opening an etsy shop, so I'm not sure how all the setup goes!

I just stumbled onto your site from the CA knitbloggers page, and am thrilled to see another climber/knitter out there. Next time you're visiting Yosemite shoot me an email!

ikkinlala said...

I have no brilliant suggestions for the shop (I'm no good at marketing), but I can answer the question about holiday traditions. I like the broader holiday traditions, but I have no problem with changing the details. For example, something important would be missing if we didn't have a family dinner on Christmas day but as long as we're eating together we don't need to have the traditional turkey. My favourite thing about the holidays is getting time off school to go home and see my family.