CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 07, 2008

Picnik

Can I just say how much I love Picnik? When I first thought about advertising for my etsy shop on Ravelry, I had to figure out how to add text to pictures - and at the time the photo editing software I was using (came with the camera) didn't have that option. So I used Powerpoint. I know - terrible idea. Especially since I couldn't resize my images small enough for Ravelry's specifications.

Then I remembered Picnik - I wish I had used this from the start (I know, if wishes were horses I would need a larger apartment). So in the start I just used it to resize my images, but last night I realized it may be better to use it to create my ads instead....


I like these so much better.

The yarn diet is going well and I'm actually finding that I'm not experiencing as much withdrawal as I'd thought. Sure, I still check out the STR or Wollmeise listings on Ravelry, but I'm less interesting in acquring yarn now. Of course, this has something to do with how insane it's become to buy yarn from indie dyers (no fault of the dyers). These yarns have become so coveted (and for good reason) that people stalk their stores and sometimes buy up whatever they can, whether they like the color or not. This bothers me, because it's not being bought to be used. It's being bought to be sold or traded or collected. Not that everyone does that, but I've seen a couple instances on the boards where people talk about just buying up whatever they can during shop updates....

Anyways. February didn't really result in any finished projects, but I have high hopes for March. I've already finished two hats (pictures coming later), but also on the goals for March are:
  1. Finish Buttony Sweater. It's soooo close.
  2. Finish my dad's socks.
  3. Continue Lady E
  4. Continue Clapotis
  5. Pick up spinning wheel

Yes, I'm getting a wheel. After asking my mom for advice on choosing a wheel and what she thought of the one I wanted to buy, she offered up her old wheel. I vaguely remember it from when I was a kid, and I think it's single treadle, but it's definitely worth checking out.

ETA: I added a NotifyList mailing list to the sidebar for my etsy shop - so if you want to receive updates when I add to my shop, sign up! Though I'll probably continue to post here too :)

3 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Congrats on the wheel!

Also, your ad pics look great! My favorite is the one with just the pearl markers. So very classy looking.

Anonymous said...

I really like the way your ads look! I have been struggling with this and had not yet found picnik. I will be using it from now on! Thank you : )

Katherine said...

Thanks for the picnik tip - your ads look great. I think the pearl one is my favorite too.

Congratulations on the wheel!