CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ew

I am not squeamish when it comes to bugs. I won't go near them, but I don't run away screaming (that would be too extreme for a seemingly quiet person like myself). However, the ant situation in the office is horrible. I would take a picture, but I want you all to keep reading.

I don't know why the ants have chosen to cohabitate with us. Actually, I have two guesses and they're both boys. It involves coffee and soda and crumbs. Oh my. Unfortunately, my desk is cornered by them. And so the ants and I will write my thesis together.

Speaking of, I have some good news and some bad news. Let's go with the good news: I'm getting paid until the end of June (not the end of the quarter as I had previously thought). AND my petition to transfer courses from UCSB finally was approved (meaning I have enough units to graduate). Woohoo!

But. My boss is out of town at conferences - he just told us last week he'd be gone until the 18th. I talked to him after and asked if he wanted me to send him sections as I finished them, and he said sure. So last night I sent him my 2nd section, and received an email saying he's unable to download attachments and won't be able to look at it until the 18th. Why is this a problem? My draft to the committee is due on the 22nd. And I have to file by June 5th. If he wants more experiments done...well. It's going to suck. However, I emailed one of my committee members about the situation and he's going to look over it for me. Sigh. As if I wasn't enough of a nutcase right now.

Must finish collecting data! The week's almost over!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my...ants indoors is something I cannot deal with! We once had a colony of ants move into our kitchen and I was all sorts of freaked out. When I see a lot of them, I start itching everywhere...crazy, since I know it's completely psychological!

good luck!