CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 29, 2007

Community

One of the things people talk about on their blogs is a sense of community (another topic is why people blog, which I'll get to in a minute). I read blogs from all across the US, Canada, and even some overseas. While I may not comment on alot of these blogs, I'm still interested in what goes on with these people - good, bad, and ugly. I have felt strange about posting a comment when a blogger loses someone (or something, as some knitted objects must be frogged), but I felt like it wouldn't be right to have read their blog for so long and keep quiet when something happened.

Some people have blogs to showcase their work. Some people have blogs to talk about themselves (I most often fit into this category). Some people have blogs to share information. Crazy Aunt Purl's lastest post shares some good information. Allison, who I know through Stitch n Bitch, is having a tough time right now (that's putting it mildly). I'll let you read about it here. Her son, only a few months old, has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. From all the posts out there about cancer and tumors and hospitals, I don't have to tell you how emotionally and financially heavy this is. Allison runs her own store, Supercrafty. Check it out and shop away.

0 comments: